Wednesday, January 2, 2013

2012 Holidays, Travel Escapades and 2013 Travel Bucket List

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!


That's what my living room looked like on Christmas Eve. Too bad I wasn't able to enjoy this much since I spent very little time at home. I was busy working the entire holiday season. Plus I was too sick. =( 

It was really disappointing because I get sick only once a year and it had to be on Christmas. Aside from choosing to stay miserably sober on Christmas parties, I had to work all the time which just made me feel ten times worse. The highlight of my Christmas was opening my Christmas presents under the tree two days after Christmas because that's when I had the time. Most of the gifts came from myself, which was pathetic by the way. 

Anyways, I had my share of fun times before I got sick. I went to Chicago with three of my girlfriends to celebrate Katrina's birthday. 


And partied with the Karoo girls in Jonathan's surprise birthday party.



I was feeling a little bit better on New Year's Eve so I hosted a mini pre-NYE party at my house.

All dolled up and ready to party!

This was the one and only decent picture that night. I didn't bring a camera in WETT because I forgot my camera the last time after too many shots.

It's now 2013 and I'm looking forward to a better and a more productive year. I set a lot of big goals this year and I hope and pray that I'll be able to make it happen. 

One of the many things I'm looking forward to is traveling. Unlike most people my age, My biggest expense is not mortgage, not car payments nor shoes and bags. My biggest expense goes to my travel fund. 

I've been to a lot of places in 2012 and I'm so thankful for it. I've been to New Orleans during the Mardi Gras festival. I had more fun in Bourbon street than in Vegas. True story. 


I also went to Niagara Falls and New York City. It cost me a fortune but its totally worth it. 


And just before Thanksgiving, I went to Florida. (I'll share a more detailed account on my upcoming posts)

mojitos, Ocean Drive, South Beach and palm trees. A piece of heaven on earth. =)
with a quick stopover in St. Louis Missouri 

midnight walk in downtown (which is not advisable by the way)

and Nashville Tennessee.


almost bought a pair. Seriously. It's too tempting. 
This year, I have two ambitious trips on my travel list. First one would be a western road trip that looks like this.

  
I am going to need a lot of time and moolah for this trip. But I am determined to make this thing happen. I have delayed this trip so many times. This year, it'll be a dream fulfilled. I'll check out all the National Parks along the way. Live young, wild and free in Vegas. Drive along the Pacific Coast Highway 1. Eat all I can in San Francisco. Explore Seattle. I have this big smile on my face while typing this. I'm so excited! 6,000 miles of pure fun!

Next destination on my list is a long shot. I want to spend my next Christmas in Manila. Yes. That's right. I pray for this everyday. I miss this city so much I'm dying to visit. I miss my family, my friends, the Christmas traditions and the weather. Oh Manila! 

I miss you everyday.
So there. My travel plans for 2013. I will have more travel post coming soon. I think that's what I'll be doing while waiting for this gruesome winter to pass. 

Do you have any travel plans yet for 2013? 

2 comments:

  1. That's what my living room looked like on Christmas Eve. Too bad I wasn't able to enjoy this much since I spent very little time at home. I was busy working the entire holiday season. activity holidays

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog ! I am impressed with suggestions of author. Hiking Holidays France

    ReplyDelete