Thursday, May 3, 2012

Out and About in New York City

First on my to do list before summer is to get away, reenergize and get inspired. And boy we nailed it all in New York City. It was my second time and I was able to appreciate the city even more this time. Since I've been in the city before, I decided to skip most of the tourist attraction and just enjoy and absorb all the energy in the city.

One of the major things I absolutely love about the New York City is the architecture. All the buildings have its own unique character. We spent a lot of time walking from the Upper East Side, down to East Village, West Village, Soho, Chelsea and Downtown just looking at buildings and old houses. 


It's totally different from the Dells where every apartments or houses and even the cabinets are made the same way.


Peter loves fire exits. Weirdo.


We can't help but stop in our tracks and just stare at these buildings in awe. All the little carvings are just lovely.


We took a little break from walking when we reached Central Park. We sat on top of one of those ginormous rocks and watched kids play, lovers kiss and friends laugh. Life is beautiful. 


More walking on the second day for us. I was so in love with brick townhouses in New York. This one was in West Village. I wish to live here. 


The Saint Patrick's Cathedral is probably the most beautiful building in Manhattan. 


No wonder that the cathedral is visited by over 5 million people per year. St. Patrick's reminds me of  Manila Cathedral and San Agustin Church both located in Manila. God I miss home!


We picked one spot in Times Square where we can just sit and watch people do whatever it is they do. We sat there for hours, barely talking, watching people pass us by. Very unproductive yet so much fun! 


No comments:

Post a Comment