Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Three Day Juice Cleanse

I just got out of a three day juice cleanse program from Pressed Juicery! If my unreliable weighing scale  was telling me the truth, I lost seven pounds in three days! Yikes! I'm so happy! I've been wanting to do this for quite sometime now but I didn't think I was strong enough to resist food cravings back then. 

But I gained so much weight in the last few months I couldn't even weigh myself because I'm scared. I felt heavy, fat and ugly it was so depressing. My pants hardly fit me anymore it was so annoying. My skin was oily and disgusting and pimples keep popping just about anywhere. They're unstoppable. That's when I finally decided to do something. I knew I needed to get back to healthy eating. I chose a three day juice cleanse program to jumpstart my "healthy lifestyle" Yeah whatever! 



 I got the idea from a Filipina blogger who tried out Juju Cleanse in Manila. So I googled cleansing programs available here in the United States. There are plenty of options out there. If you live in a big city like New York, Los Angeles or Chicago, you can even get your fresh juices delivered to your doorstep everyday. But since I live in a small town, they have to deliver all the juices at once. I chose Pressed Juicery among others mainly because they have the cheapest shipping. Some companies charge you like $175 for shipping alone! WTF?! That's like the price of a 1 day cleanse program. Anyway, I received a big box of juice via FedEx  Priority Overnight service on a Tuesday morning. Pressed Juicery emailed me the tracking number the day before.  They also have a one day cleanse and a five day cleanse available. 





It came in an insulated packing container with ice packs. I scheduled it on days I didn't have to work so I don't need to do much therefore I won't be tired and hungry. 


Aside from the tracking number, they also sent me an email on how to prepare myself for the cleanse which I didn't quite do because I'm stubborn. 



Six juice bottles were numbered in a specific order. I  had to drink it in order which actually didn't happen because there were a couple of times where I drank 2 bottles alternately for variety.  The fifth bottle was so freakin disgusting I never finished it. It was a mix of carrot, apple and ginger. it was too spicy for me. And also, the taste and smell of ginger lingers in my mouth I just really couldn't take it. I tried to not smell it when I drink it but it didn't help me at all. Yeah I know.. I'm such a baby. There were two other bottles that don't have numbers on them. The aloe vera water was supposed to be taken before sleep and the chlorophyll water can be taken all throughout the day.

They also advised me through email to tone down my usual workout activity which I didn't have any problem with since I hardly do it anyway. Yeah! I'm effin' lazy I don't know why! 

I thought I would be hungry and desperate on those three days but surprisingly, I wasn't. I wasn't even grumpy. I was just annoyed a couple of times when I saw Peter eating his big fat sandwiches shamelessly right in front of me. 

I also had occasional headaches while doing the cleanse but they said its normal so I took afternoon naps to ease it. I actually think that it's partly because I wasn't drinking coffee during the cleanse. That was my biggest challenge the entire time. A world with no coffee seemed unthinkable but hey, I survived.

On the third day, they emailed me again to give me instructions on how to break the cleanse. I love the results and I wanted to do it regularly from now on. Maybe every three months or something. I also felt so much healthier and better. No more bloating, less pimples and more energy for me. 

I made a promise that I will not eat pork from now on. I also want to limit my beef consumption to a minimum. Iw anted to stick to a veggies, fruits, seafoods and chicken. *crossfingers* I'm trying okaaay! 



2 comments:

  1. Welcome to blogging fun (Piotr translate:)
    http://frajdap.blogspot.com/2012/06/ta-ciekawa-zezara-mi-mnostwo-czasu-ale.html
    Wife of Gregory

    ReplyDelete
  2. dziekuje bardzo! I wish i could understand the entries in your blog too. I'm slowly learning how to speak and understand Polish. =)

    ReplyDelete