Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Cuban Food, Mojitos, Calle Ocho and more Cuban Food

A visit to Miami won't be complete without a Cuban food feast. It was hard for me to get myself out of South Beach because that place was just too much fun. Thankfully, my love for food was greater than my love for the beach so I dragged myself out of South Beach and drove to Little Havana for some Cuban food trippin'.

Picture: Versailles Facebook Page
Located in the heart of Miami's Cuban community and along Calle Ocho, Versailles has been serving authentic Cuban dishes since 1971.


Ceviche Tropical for appetizer. Fresh fish cured in lime, cilantro and jalapenos served with diced avocado tomatoes and boniato chips.


Picadillo ala Cubana and Ropa Vieja afterwards. Each dish was of course paired with white rice and sweet plantains.


Cuban mojito to drink. Aaahh.. Life is good!



There was no room for dessert so I ordered Cafe Cortadito, an extremely rich and sweet coffee to finish of my hearty dinner.


Can't get enough of Cuban food so I visited Mojitos Cuban Cuisine located on the ground floor of the Dolphin Mall the next day.


Mango Mojito for starters.


Boliche Asado Con Arroz Blanco y Maduros. Pot roast with onion gravy with white rice and plantains.


And the best Cuban dish I've ever tasted so far... Palomilla Mojitos Suprema. Palomilla steak rolled with ham and Swiss cheese, sliced and served over Demi Glaze sauce. I've probably said this a thousand times but it's worth every calories! This dish still hunts me in my dreams. =)


No comments:

Post a Comment