Monday, November 21, 2011

Random Thoughts

My clock says 3:09am. I should be sleeping by now. I always set my alarm clock at 9am in an attempt to accomplish more things. Running at least three times a week has always been a dream. But for some weird reasons, It never happens. I'm always preoccupied with schoolwork, not that I do them. A lot of times, I'm just having a staring contest with my books and laptop. My mind is always somewhere else. 

***

I'm currently in the midst of a 'quarter life crisis'. One day I woke up having doubts about what I really want to end up doing for the rest of my life. It came as a shock to me because I'm the type of person who always knows what I want. I'm lost. I want to quit school because I feel that I'm just wasting my money, time and energy in it. I wanted to say that my life sucks but it would be inappropriate because of the continous pour of blessings in other aspects of my life. 

***

I think I have a cabin fever. For those not familiar with the term, as per Wikipedia cabin fever is an idiomatic term for a claustrophobic reaction that takes place when a person or group is isolated and/or shut in a small space, with nothing to do, for an extended period (as in a simple country vacation cottage during a long rain or snow). Symptoms include restlessness, irritability, paranoia, irrational frustration with everyday objects, forgetfulness, laughter, excessive sleeping, distrust of anyone they are with, and an urge to go outside even in the rain, snow or dark. That was a long definition, in a simpler term, I'm bored out of my mind. It is mostly because of the weather. It is getting really cold here. The worst part is that winter hasn't 'officially' started yet. Maybe its also because my life has been so predictable. I need to get out of here. I need a vacation.


***

I wish to do something random. Like driving without a particular destination or hop on the train and go to New York to watch a Broadway show or go to Miami to get a tan or fly to Vegas to get married to get drunk. I wish life  is as easy as that.

***

Is it weird that I like watching Keeping Up with the Kardashians? I know they can be overly dramatic at times it almost seems unreal. But I like how they exploit their popularity and use it to their advantage. 

***

I found out that I don't need a visa to go to Peru and Brazil. Isn't it awesome? As much as I love my country and I'm proud to say that I'm Pinoy, it pisses me off that I need a visa almost everywhere. It's such a hassle.
***

I miss Manila. I miss Christmas in Manila. 


2 comments: