Saturday, November 26, 2011

Hawaii Adventure part 1

This is a really..really.. REALLY late post. But as they say, it's better late than never. Hawaii has always been on top my bucket list ever since I can remember. It was December of 2010 when I decided to exhaust all the resources I have to cross this out of my list. I was fully aware of how much damage it would cost me since I wanted to fully enjoy myself without worrying about every penny. So I became obsess with finding the best deals online. I spent a number of sleepless nights scouring the web for the best value deal I could find. Luckily, I stumbled upon BeachDestinations.com. It's an online travel agency which provides tons of options for a variety of famous beach destinations at any price range. [Note: They are not paying me to do this. The website is just so awesome that I wanted to share it to anyone interested.] For a little over $1200 per person, We bought an airline ticket from Chicago to Oahu and Maui to Chicago via United Airlines. An inter-island flight from Oahu to Maui via Mesa Airlines and our accomodation in a three star hotel in  Oahu as well as the condo units we rented out in Maui were also included in the price. It helped that we traveled on May because the shoulder season in Hawaii was from mid-March until May. I also found awesome car deals from Hotwire for both islands. And so our adventure began.



                                                        A quick snapshot after touchdown in Kauai.

I immediately felt a sense of belongingness as soon as we landed. Aahh. I felt so close to home.


Enjoying our cocktails

 After a 15 hour flight from Chicago to Kuaui, we were starving so we immediately asked around for the nearest food place in the airport. We took the shuttle from the airport to Marriot Hotel and headed to Duke's.  A couple of drinks and some fresh seafood appetizers were all we need to reenergize after a grueling 15 hour flight, not to mention a three hour drive from Wisconsin Dells to Chicago and waiting time in between flights.



After a quick snack and picture taking in Kalapaki Beach, we're off to the airport once again for our flight to Oahu, where we stayed for four days. [ to be continued..]

2 comments:

  1. Just dropping by to check out on you blog and thank god that I did. Cool photos you have and love your blog too. Hope you can visit mine as well. Giveaways will be up soon! Have a great day! xo

    itsNikki
    Fashion blogger
    http://itsnikki-goes-trendy-chic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! Thank you. I'm a newbie in this blogging thing. I did visit your site. I also added it in my reading list. I like your shoes and bags! =)

    ReplyDelete