Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Afternoon tea set

Remember my last post where I grabbed a picture of a gold tea set from an online store? Well, they are currently holding a ridiculously awesome sale on both their mall store locations and online stores. You can buy tea sets and loose teas for 30%-75% less than its original price. So I didn't pass up the opportunity and finally bought myself the Dore Gold teapot set.



I got it for 50% off and it comes with four matching cups and saucers. I paired it with sushi leftovers for a maximum Asian effect. 

I also bought 2 kinds of loose tea. I bought Golden Monkey and Phoenix Mountain Dan Cong. 


What I liked most about Teavana is the fact that every pack comes with specific instructions depending on the kind of tea. It tells me exactly the right measure, temperature and preparation for each variety. 

I bought the Golden Monkey since I saw it in the tea selection of the afternoon tea menu of The Plaza Hotel NYC. It's a perfect companion for a cold weather. Full bodied infusion with a very subtle scent of cocoa. Rich in flavor yet not overpowering. If it was vodka, it would have been Grey Goose. Smooth. 

Phoenix Mountain Dan Cong is a premium variety of Oolong tea. It has a roasted and nutty aroma with a mild hint of honey. I seriously couldn't decide which one is better than the other. 

Next on my list is to buy a three tier afternoon tea tray.


Homemade tea sandwiches, cupcakes, scones, miniature cakes, and a pot of freshly steeped tea. Now all I need is company. Who wants to join me? 

2 comments:

  1. Hey there,
    Teavana fan next door? Wouldn't even guess:)
    Just bought Ayurvedic Chai with Samurai chai Mate and Rooibos Tropical with White Dragon pearls:) i like the intense taste of the first one and the calm feeling after the second one:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried both teas you mentioned. Thanks for the recommendation. I'll try those teas next time! =)

      Delete