Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Graceland Tour: Everything Elvis in Memphis Tennessee

One of the things I love about road trips are the stopovers. They're always as exciting  as the original destination. Earlier this year, I attended a Mardi Gras festival in New Orleans and stopped in Memphis, Tennessee on the way back home. 

I headed straight to the Graceland Mansion to pay my respects to the king of rock and roll, Elvis Presley.


He bought this mansion for $102,500 in 1957 when he was just 22 years old. I know right?! 


The grand piano has a special spot in the living room.


My favorite part of the house is the dining room. I'm not even a big fan of chandeliers but after this, I want to have my own in my dining room. 


If I remember it right, this is his parents bedroom. Tastefully done.


The family room has a carpeted ceiling. I'm not a big fan of moss green. I thought it made the room look creepy. But then again they call it the Jungle Room so it just makes sense.


The entertainment area.


Game Room. I have to say that this is my least favorite room in the house. There's just to much colors that it hurts my eyes.


The mansion includes a trophy building. It is a huge gallery which showcases an amazing collection of album awards, movie posters, concert costumes, vinyl records and other memorabilia of Elvis Presley.


Priscilla's wedding gown and Elvis Presley's tux on their wedding day are also on display.


This is the Meditation Garden where Elvis Presley was laid to his final resting place along side his parents. This is also inside the Graceland Estate.


I also went to Elvis Presley Automobile Museum just right across the Graceland Mansion. It houses over 33 vehicles owned by Elvis.


1955 pink Cadillac Fleetwood. This is my favorite car in the collection.. for obvious reasons.



1966 Rolls Royce Silver Cloud


Mercedes 280 SL Roadster. Elvis Presley's gift to Priscilla. There's a lot more but I'm too lazy too upload everything so I'll jump into his custom jets.


Elvis owned two private aircraft. The bigger one was named Lisa Marie after his only daughter. When I saw the interior of the airplane, I suddenly want to become a rock star. Seriously! Their toys are awesome!


The interior of the plane looks like this. And just when I thought that there's nothing extraordinary about the interior, I looked closely and saw this.


Yes. Seatbelt buckle made of gold. Not too shabby!


Dining room in the Lisa Marie


The sleeping area


The sink in the bathroom is also made out of gold. What?!!!! I know! Rock stars do live a crazy life don't they?


Aside from the Lisa Marie, Elvis also owned a smaller jet named the Hound Dog II.


Since it's too small, people were just allowed up to a certain point to take photos. This is the only decent picture I have.

After reliving the crazy awesome rock star life of Elvis Presley, I just stopped to buy some souvenirs then headed to Beale Street. Oh Yeah!

1 comment: